You're itching to execute a unique out-on-the-town experience where you can gain all kinds of points with your significant other. The perfect event allows for extended times where there are just the two of you together in a romantic setting. Hence, you also need to plan for out-on-the-town, post-event romantic interludes. Great organization, plans, romance and surprise are key to gain those ever so desirous "extra" bonus points that create lasting memories you both can relish for years to come.
· * Check out a nearby theatre schedule. Go for a live presentation. Movies are nice, but live shows are a much more memorable experience primarily because of the uniqueness.
· * Pick an event you would both like to attend. If you are unsure, go for an instrumental or play event.
· * Look for a really nice restaurant near the Theatre. Skip Taco Bell and the like. Go for linens and attentive service.
· * Most importantly, find a romantic Bed and Breakfast to spend TWO nights at. Hunt for one with a limo style shuttle service to and from your night on the town events who offers you gourmet style breakfasts and over the top amenities and accommodations. The 1st night you roll into town for the theatrical/dining experience. The second night you enjoy the company of each other in solitude and romance. Soak together in your double backed wet room's claw foot tub and/or stand under the that room's rain head shower and multiple body showers. You simply must add a relaxing sunset balcony or in-room massage . Hunt for large remote properties with private balconies to allow you to commune with nature from an elevated position. A game area can allow you to entertain each other between those romantic interludes.
* Better yet, stay a THIRD night and plan to dine in. Find a B&B place who will bring you a grand meal from a local restaurant to be eaten on your private terrace or near a secluded hot tub. You should consider eating next to a fires romantic burning log crackle. Seek cozy two person porch style swings.
* Maybe one more thing would be nice. Have all this set-up for you. Your pre-event time to accomplish this over-the-top experience is limited.
* The best execution results are had when one of the two of you is surprised by the events as they evolve. Reserve the dates with your significant other; but do not divulge the elements before they happen. Keep the surprise alive. Let the B&B know that romance is an objective. They can often help with surprises like candlelit rooms and special bath/bed amenities like rose petals and scents.
* Bienvenue Mon Ami Bed and Breakfast and Art Gallery can make ALL of this happen for you and your special companion.
Columbia Theatre in Hammond, Louisiana is our answer. To see their details, take a peak at their website, ColumbiaTheatre.org.. They are sponsoring many community and self initiated events. They also enjoy the unique position of having art/music department ties to (dance, plays, instrumental, choir, etc.) and support from Southeastern Louisiana University (SLU) which is also located in Hammond, Louisiana. In the 2020 and 2021 season, they are also presenting the following events that can be combined with a stay at the Best B&B in the state of Louisiana:
When staying overnight at Bienvenue Mon Ami Bed and Breakfast and Art Gallery, we offer many date specific partnership deals with Southeastern Universities sponsored Columbia Theatre in Hammond, La. Book Your Stay room on one of the event dates and see the full amenity set and pricing.
The most unusual theatre event in 2020 is a Murder Mystery Theatre:
Murder on the Marquee: April 15,16,17, 2021/**; 7:30 PM (limo leaves B&B at 6:15 PM)
Put on best 1920s attire. Celebrate Columbia Theatre’s 92nd birthday with a delicious meal by One Thirteen. But beware! Murder lurks around every corner in this interactive experience that spans the Columbia facility.
We think you know our answer as Bienvenue Mon Ami Bed and Breakfast and Art Gallery. Just page through the web pages on MonAmiBnB.com (book a room on two or one nights inclusive of event night to see our two pricing options Reservations BOOK YOUR STAY, EVENTS, and PACKAGES in addition to this ARTS AND THEATRE BLOG post). Look at our select Columbia Theatre events with dining transport and our overnight stay packages that you can view when seeking a room reservation. Our free concierge service can set-up those events all planned out for you with our one or two night theatrical stay package deals. Remember the plan above calls for the two or more nights for the full romantic event you should seek. You just pick the select theatre date and reserve the package room with all those extras like dining vouchers, VIP choice theatre tickets and limo style transportation to and from the event. Bienvenue Mon Ami B&B has all it takes to accomplish the grand plan above.
Aliens, Immigrants & Other Evildoers October 3, 7:30 pm (limo leaves B&B at 5:15 PM)
Award-winning New Orleans own José Torres-Tama and his highly theatrical, one-man, sci-fi Latino noir.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show October 8, 9; 9:00 pm (limo leaves B&B at6:30 PM)
Don’t dreamit. Be it. Fanfare at the Columbia continues with two screenings of this cult classic featuring a shadow cast, costume contest and…more more more.
Columbia Famous Talent Show October 22, 7:00 pm (limo leaves B&B at 4:45 PM)
Come see the winners and finalists from Columbia’s Talent Contest perform and display their winning pieces. This special night will feature singing, acting,dancing, visual art, comedy and instrumental music.
Alice’s Christmas in Wonderland November 14,15 2:00 pm (limo leaves B&B 1:15 PM-Dinner after show)
Follow us down the rabbit hole for the world premiere of award-winning playwright Tommy Jamerson’s latest play, written specifically for Columbia Theatre with local children in the cast.
The Nutcracker December 11,12 7:00 pm (limoleaves B&B at 4:45 PM)
December 13, 2 pm (limo leaves B&B 1:15 PM-Dinner after show)
Featuring the combined talents of professionals and all-star locals, the Hammond Ballet Company brings their timeless classic home to the Columbia just in time for the holidays.
The Purple Xperience January 30, 7:30 pm (limo leaves B&B at5:15 PM)
Put on your purple and kick off of 2021 like it’s 1999. Marshall Charloff heads up the only Prince tribute band endorsed by the Prince estate to continue his legacy. This band promises to blow the new roof off.
Flowers for Halie February 20, 7:30 pm (limo leaves B&B at 5:15 PM)
New Orleans playwright/performer Troi Bechet celebrates Mahalia Jackson with a mix of story and song. See the Queen of Gospel from her NewOrleans upbringing in a shotgun shack to her international fame as a singer and civil rights leader.
Sonic Butterfly February 26, 7:30 pm (limo leaves B&B at 5:15 PM)
The Sonic Butterfly is a 60-foot harp. Its stringsspan from the stage, out over the heads of the audience and all the way into the balcony; transforming the entire auditorium into a giant musical instrument.
The Wizard of Oz March 11, 12, 13; 7:30 pm (limo leaves B&Bat 5:15 PM)
Follow the yellow brick road and watch out for the flying monkey’s. Directed by the Columbia Theatre’s artistic director, Jim Winter, this musical features community actors and the behind the scenes talents of community all-stars Brent Goodrich, Chelsea Tallo Little, andthe Paris Parker salon team.
One-Man Stranger Things TBA - happens in Spring of 2021 probably 7:30 pm (limo leaves B&B at5:15 PM)
Inpartnership with Alpha Psi Omega’s Alpha Epsilon Psi cast, Columbia proudly welcomes on Halloween Eve the return of international fringe and Off-Broadway star Charles Ross in a one-man parody of the hit Netflix series. Dress up as your favorite Stranger Things character-it’s 80s night.
SLU and Hammond are just a short drive from Bienvenue Mon Ami Bed and Breakfast and Art Gallery who can often offer transport to and from Hammond events when staying there. Call 985-634-7786 for details and reservations.