You're itching to execute a unique out-on-the-town experience where you can gain all kinds of points with your significant other. The perfect event allows for extended times where there are just the two of you together in a romantic setting. Hence, you also need to plan for out-on-the-town, post-event romantic interludes. Great organization, plans, romance and surprise are key to gain those ever so desirous "extra" bonus points that create lasting memories you both can relish for years to come.
· * Check out a nearby theatre schedule. Go for a live presentation. Movies are nice, but live shows are a much more memorable experience primarily because of the uniqueness.
· * Pick an event you would both like to attend. If you are unsure, go for an instrumental or play event.
· * Look for a really nice restaurant near the Theatre. Skip Taco Bell and the like. Go for linens and attentive service.
· * Most importantly, find a romantic Bed and Breakfast to spend TWO nights at. Hunt for one with a limo style shuttle service to and from your night on the town events who offers you gourmet style breakfasts and over the top amenities and accommodations. The 1st night you roll into town for the theatrical/dining experience. The second night you enjoy the company of each other in solitude and romance. Hunt for large remote properties with private balconies to allow you to commune with nature from an elevated position. A game area can allow you to entertain each other between those romantic interludes.
* On the second night plan to dine in. Find a B&B place who will bring you a grand meal from a local restaurant to be eaten on your private terrace or near the hot tub. You should consider eating next to a fires romantic burning log crackle. Seek cozy two person porch style swings, preferably next to a firepit in a special setting. An example is one covered and centered in an octagonal gazebo..
* Maybe one more thing would be nice. Have all this set-up for you. Your pre-event time to accomplish this over-the-top experience is limited.
* The best execution results are had when one of the two of you is surprised by the events as they evolve. Reserve the dates with your significant other; but do not divulge the elements before they happen. Keep the surprise alive. Let the B&B know that romance is an objective. They can often help with surprises like candlelit rooms and special bath/bed amenities like rose petals and scents.
Columbia Theatre in Hammond, Louisiana is our answer. To see their details, take a peak at their website, ColumbiaTheatre.org.. They are sponsoring many community and self initiated events. They also enjoy the unique position of having art/music department ties to (dance, plays, instrumental, choir, etc.) and support from Southeastern Louisiana University (SLU) which is also located in Hammond, Louisiana. In the 2019 and 2020 season, they are also presenting at least 3 Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra (LPO) melodic rich events. LPO is New Orleans based and these presentations allow people staying in grand northshore facilities like Bienvenue Mon Ami B&B the opportunity to see and hear fine orchestral events without the stress of traveling into New Orleans.
We think you know our answer as Bienvenue Mon Ami Bed and Breakfast and Art Gallery. Just page through the web pages on MonAmiBnB.com (book a room on two or one nights inclusive of event night to see our two pricing options Reservations BOOK YOUR STAY, EVENTS, and PACKAGES in addition to this ARTS AND THEATRE BLOG post). Look at our select Columbia Theatre events with dining transport and our overnight stay packages that you can view when seeking a room reservation. Our free concierge service can set-up those events all planned out for you with our one or two night theatrical stay package deals. Remember the plan above calls for the two nights for the full romantic event you seek. You just pick the select theatre date and reserve the package room with all those extras like dining vouchers, VIP choice theatre tickets and limo style transportation to and from the event. Bienvenue Mon Ami B&B has all it takes to accomplish the grand plan above.
* SLU (Southeastern Louisiana University); Th., Sept 26, 7:30 PM and Fr., Sept 27, 7:30 PM
* An Evening w/Clarence Gilyard, Jr.–We., Oct 23, 7:30 PM
* LPO (Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra): Romantic German Masters, Fr., Oct 25, 7:30 PM
* US Army Jazz Band - Su., Oct 27, 3:00 PM
* Durand Jones and the Indications-Fr., Nov 1st, 7:30 PM
* One Man Star Wars Trilogy -Th., Nov 7th, 7:30 PM
* SLU: Wind Symphony LMEA Preview by SLU, We., Nov 13, 7:30 PM
* LPO: Yuletide Celebration, Fr., Dec 6, 7:30 PM
* The Nutcracker, Fr., Dec 13th 7:00 PM and Sa., 14th, 7:00 PM
* The Story of Rosa Park, Sat, Jan 25th, 2:00 PM
* SLU: TBA - Spring Production; Th., Feb 6, 7:30 PM and Fr., Feb 7, 7:30 PM
* George Orwell’s 1984, Sa., Feb 15th, 7:30PM
* LPO: Nature's Awakening, Fr., February 28, 7:30 PM
* The Songs and Stories of Neil Diamond, Fr., Mar 6th, 7:30 PM
* Che Apalache, Sa., Apr 4th, 7:30 PM
* SLU: Wind Symphony Spring Concert, Tu., Apr 28th, 7:30 PM
Note that all LPO and SLU Columbia Theatre events are general admission without assigned preferred seating and availability may make this option unavailable even just after you have signed up. Hence, reserve your rooms and package early to assure availability.
SLU and Hammond are just a short drive from Bienvenue Mon Ami Bed and Breakfast and Art Gallery who can often offer transport to and from Hammond events when staying there. Call 985-634-7786 for details and reservations.